A little teaser of something I have been working on.
My mapping patch details so far:
– 9 layers
– Each layer can be stacked/layered accordingly.
– Each layer has composite settings (add/subtract/opaque, etc)
– Each layer can either be: video, live feed, picture, or block colour OR a syphon input (for each layer)
– Each layer can be panned and cropped for stretched video over all layers or just a few.
– Each layer has a mask overlay.
– Each layer can be flipped and/or rotated.
– Using Matthews Quartz actors you can click and drag each corner of each layer.
– Each layer has a grid overlay for easier mapping.
– A global cross hair overlay which can change colour depending on lighting conditions. Can also change the width of the cross hair.
– Each layer is numbered when in edit mode to see what layer you are working on.
– Trigger a video to a layer OR all layers.
– Show/Hide stages feature.
– Stage Preview monitor.
– Scene jump buttons (+1 and -1)
Soon to be finished:
– 3 independent LFO’s which can be assigned to various effects or parameters.
– A panic button to return to a safe state.
– Video effects for each layer (need to decide on useful/common effects, or use modular effect chains)
– A layer lock function so that once a layer is completely set up it can not be edit in error (apart from media content)
– Maybe…. A snapshot morph function to glide between values.
– And a few other features bits and bobs.
More details to follow.